So here is what you will need...
- 400g can of refried beans
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 packet of gluten free white corn tortillas
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (we didn't have any so made it this time without)
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1 tbs olive oil
- garlic and chilli could be added if you wish
- 1 - 2 avocadoes, stone removed
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
And this is what you need to do...
1. Pre-heat the oven to 100C.
2. Make the tomato salsa by chopping the tomato into small cubes and putting it in a bowl. Add the remaining salsa ingredients and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Make the guacamole by scooping out the avocado into a bowl and adding the lime juice. Mash with a fork then add cumin and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Use about one lettuce leaf per person. Roll them up and slice finely then put aside ready to make the tostadas.
5. Prepare the bean puree by emptying the can into a small saucepan with the cumin and water. Mix over a low heat until smooth and warmed.
6. Heat 1cm of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Use tongs to place the tortillas in the pan one at a time. Cook for about 20 seconds and then turn over. Cook for a further 20 seconds. The tortilla should be golden, slightly puffed up and crispy. Remove from the oil and drain on paper towel before placing on a tray in the oven to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
7. Time to construct the tortillas. Spread some bean puree on each tortilla, top with lettuce, guacamole and a spoonful of salsa. Serve immediately while warm and crispy.