Tuesday 12 December 2017

Interview with Mia from ‘A Happy Little Bookworm’

Hi Everyone, in my last post I asked people to answer my survey because it is interesting to get to know other bloggers. Below are answers completed by Mia from ‘A happy little bookworm’.

A Happy Little Bookworm is a book blog run by avid reader, Mia, or Happywhale as she is known on her Wordpress site. Mia frequently posts book reviews, book lists and takes part in book blogging memes popular around the blogosphere. You can visit her site at www.ahappylittlebookworm.wordpress.com.

1. What was your inspiration to start blogging?

Technology classes at school in which we were taught how to set up and run our own blog or website was what inspired me to start blogging. While A Happy Little Bookworm wasn’t the site that I originally created, these lessons did spark my interest in blogging and lead me to eventually create my current blog site.  

2. What message do you hope to share through your blog?

I hope to share my love of books and reading through my blog and hope that my posts will inspire others to pick up a book, whether it’s one of the books that I’ve written about or another book that they’ve found.

3. What do you like about blogging?

What I love about blogging is that it allows me to engage in a community of bloggers that I otherwise would never have found. Moreover, I love the feeling of accomplishment that I get whenever I release a new post, the feeling of pride that I get when someone leaves me a nice comment or simply likes my post. There are so many reasons why I like blogging, and I guess that’s why I continue doing it.

4. What do you want to be when you grow up? What are your dreams for the future?

A hard question, and one that seems to be thrown around rather frequently, especially as you get older. I’ve certainly said it before and I’m sure I’ll say it again, I honestly don’t know what the future holds for me. Sure, I have a few ideas; perhaps I’ll become an author? A journalist? A medical scientist? An immunologist? At the moment, however, I’m pretty happy right here in the present.

5. If you could change one thing about our world, what would it be?

An incredibly open-ended question and one that took me a while to answer. After some deliberation, the thing that I would most like to change in our world is children’s access to education. It’s an incredibly broad and complex issue, yet none the less, an important one and certainly one that needs 
to be changed.

6. What is your favourite hobby?

My favourite hobby? Why, reading books, of course! As you would imagine, coming from someone who runs a book blog, reading books is a favourite hobby of mine. Other hobbies I enjoy include knitting, sewing, baking, writing and playing sport, specifically hockey and surf life saving.

7. What have been your highlights of 2017?

2017 has been a good year for me and there are many highlights that I could list. Some of these include; sporting achievements (in both hockey and surf life saving), academic achievements and, of course, blogging highlights, specifically the decision to start blogging again after a long break spanning from December 2016 to September this year. 


It has been great to hear your answers Mia! Be sure to go check out her awesome blog, (The link is above).

~Fizzy~ xo


3 comments:

  1. Hi Fizzy,
    I nominated you for the Liester award. The link is on my blog:
    https://theislandofmeblog.wordpress.com/
    ~Emily xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spelt it wrong, I meant Leibster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily, I will definitely check it out!
      ~Fizzy~xo

      Delete